Douglas Fir is an evergreen conifer that is thoroughly distributed in Western North America, more specifically in the central and south areas of the Pacific and Cordilleran region. Douglas Fir oil helps to produce a pleasant, uplifting environment. Its aroma can be described as fresh and woodsy, with citrus notes. This oil also evokes powerful nostalgic memories (e.g. quality time during long forest hikes, Christmas morning with family, etc.)
Benefits, Uses and Directions
- Its high beta-pinene content has been shown to reduce feelings of anxiety and stress, leading to an improved mood and energy
- The moderate to high alpha-pinene content is known to sooth anxious feelings
- Terpinolene can help with relaxation
- Delta-3-carene can reduce the unpleasant sensation of dry airways
- Sabinene has been shown to be able to purify the skin
- Add a few drops of Douglas Fir oil into a diffuser to improve your mood and create a comforting ambience
- Dilute Douglas Fir oil with a carrier oil to 1-2% and apply to the area. For more guidance on essential oil dilution, please visit our Essential Oil Dilutions page.
- Add one or two drops of Douglas Fir oil to your body care products to impart a desirable aroma
- Dilute to 1-2% for an amazing fabric or room spray
- Dilute to 1-2% in a massage oil for an amazing experience
- Blends well with fir oils such as Grand Fir, Subalpine Fir, etc. For more information, please check out the Coast Blend and the Christmas lend
- Consult with a qualified aromatherapy practitioner or your physician prior to using essential oils with children, the elderly, pregnant or nursing women, and those with medical issues or are taking medications
- Always dilute essential oils prior to use.
- Do not apply any essential oils internally, eyes, inner ears and other sensitive areas, even if diluted