Grand Fir is a medium to large-sized evergreen conifer that is frequently found in North America’s Pacific Northwest region. Grand Fir oil is frequently used to enhance meditation as it is very emotionally uplifting. It has a refreshing, woody aroma with subtle hints of citrus. This oil is a favorite during the holidays as it may remind you of the joys of Christmas morning.
Benefits, Uses and Directions
- Beta-Pinene is associated with reduced feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Bornyl acetate has been shown to promote a sense of relaxation.
- Incorporating this oil with other soothing oils such as Subalpine Fir leads to a very relaxing blend (see Relax blend)
- Add a few drops of Grand Fir oil into a diffuser to experience deeper meditation
- Dilute Grand Fir oil with a carrier oil to 1-2% and apply to the area. For more guidance on essential oil dilution, please visit our Essential Oil Dilutions page.
- Add one or two drops of Grand Fir oil to your body care products to impart a desirable aroma
- Dilute to 1-2% for an amazing fabric or room spray
- Dilute to 1-2% in a massage oil to help with muscular aches and pains
- Blends well with pine essential oils (e.g. Lodgepole Pine)
- Consult with a qualified aromatherapy practitioner or your physician prior to using essential oils with children, the elderly, pregnant or nursing women, and those with medical issues or are taking medications
- Always dilute essential oils prior to use.
- Do not apply any essential oils internally, eyes, inner ears and other sensitive areas, even if diluted