Rocky Mountain Juniper is an evergreen conifer shrub with fibrous bark with berries. Indigenous tribes of BC have used rocky mountain juniper for a myriad of reasons, including flavouring meat and stew; cooking and mashing the berries into cakes; and roasting and brewing as a substitute for coffee. This oil has a slightly sweet, coniferous odour with subtle camphoraceous notes. This oil has reported to help with mental clarity. Rocky Mountain Juniper oil is also extremely comforting, imparting a majestic feeling of peace.
Benefits, Uses and Directions
- This oil helps to promote mental focus and clarity because of its high alpha-Pinene content
- This oil also encourages relaxed breathing because of its high amount of monoterpenes
- This oil has been reported to have analgesic (pain relief) properties
- Add a few drops of Rocky Mountain Juniper oil into a diffuser for calmness and clarity
- Dilute Rocky Mountain Juniper oil with a carrier oil to 1-2% and apply to the area. For more guidance on essential oil dilution, please visit our Essential Oil Dilutions page.
- Add one or two drops of Rocky Mountain Juniper oil to your body care products to impart a desirable aroma
- Dilute to 1-2% for an amazing fabric or room spray
- Dilute to 1-2% in a massage oil for an amazing experience
- Blends well with Big Sagebrush oil
- Consult with a qualified aromatherapy practitioner or your physician prior to using essential oils with children, the elderly, pregnant or nursing women, and those with medical issues or are taking medications
- Always dilute essential oils prior to use.
- Do not apply any essential oils internally, eyes, inner ears and other sensitive areas, even if diluted