Subalpine Fir is an evergreen conifer with a cylindrical crown and gray-brown bark broken into irregularly shaped scales. It is mainly found in the Cordilleran region of Western North America. Its oil has a cool, coniferous, balsamic aroma. Its aroma allows you to experience the peace of the Christmas season any time of the year. This oil has been known to be very comforting and soothing.
Benefits, Uses and Directions
- This oil may help to relieve pain and reduce inflammation due to its high bornyl acetate content
- This oil also contains camphene, which has also been shown to alleviate pain
- The alpha-Pinene and beta-Pinene in Subalpine Fir oil helps to sooth the body and mind
- Add a few drops of Subalpine Fir oil into a diffuser to help with relaxation
- Dilute Subalpine Fir oil with a carrier oil to 1-2% and apply to the area. For more guidance on essential oil dilution, please visit our Essential Oil Dilutions page
- Add one or two drops of Subalpine Fir oil to your body care products to impart a desirable aroma
- Dilute to 1-2% for an amazing fabric or room spray
- Dilute to 1-2% in a massage oil to help with muscular aches and pains
- Subalpine Fir oil can be blended with Grand Fir and Douglas Fir oils to evoke nostalgic memories around Christmas time
- Consult with a qualified aromatherapy practitioner or your physician prior to using essential oils with children, the elderly, pregnant or nursing women, and those with medical issues or are taking medications
- Always dilute essential oils prior to use.
- Do not apply any essential oils internally, eyes, inner ears and other sensitive areas, even if diluted